Top 5 looks: Rooney Mara

9:00 PM


If you knew me, you would know that I am absolutely obsessed with Rooney Mara. I get excited for every movie she's in (and she's in some really great ones), I love the fact that she and David Fincher are basically one and her dresses and style choices post-"Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" era are enviable and always so iconic.

I don't think I can even bring myself to narrow down my favourite of her looks to five but here goes.

5. Santa Barbara International Film Festival, Louis Vuitton

There's something about this dress and how she's wearing that makes it so memorable. I can't remember if I loved it or hated it when I first saw it but I couldn't stop thinking about it! The dress looks sort of like it was supposed to look really boxy and unflattering, but Rooney wore it and made it look fantastic.

4. "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" Film Photocall Berlin, Miu Miu

Wearing the outfit with a fringe and minimal makeup, Rooney bared her midriff with this cute and sort of casual looking ensemble. Though the look can only be recreated by someone who has killer abs, the way she sticks to her favourite colour palette and still made it look fancy is why this is number 4 on the list. She also makes me want to wear more strappy heals.

3. Met Gala '13, Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci

This dress was so iconic it inspired a cake.
But yes, Rooney's whole look was the highlight of the whole Gala, and her classy style beat out the gimicky looks from Miley Cyrus and Madonna at the same place. The zipper details in her dress and her dark lipstick matched the 'punk' theme, but more importantly the fact that Rooney looked like she didn't give a shit helped too.

2. "Dragon Tattoo" premiere Rome, Valentino

Her pale skin and dark hair looks really good in red, and even though she and I love the neutral/black/white colour palette the pop of red looks pretty freaking good and it is definitely one of my favourites.

1. Oscars 2012, Givenchy

Everytime I see a picture of her in this dress I have the urgency to scream with glee because it is perfect and glorious and she worked it and even though she didn't win the Best Actress award she owned all the others at the red carpet. She looked like an actual swan and I was am proud of her for this look.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us!

Facebook: Bubblebeam Magazine

Email us!

bubblebeammag@gmail.com