Art Bubble: Weili Wonka

11:30 AM


Kuala Lumpur's own Comic Fiesta recently (December 2013) was a great place to find some really beautifully done art pieces and souvenirs that relate to movies, TV and art that you love. 

But there was one that will stand out to you if you have been on Tumblr for a long time, and that was the Fat Fairy stall. 

The Prince Gumball illustration is considered to be viral on Tumblr!
Weili Wonka describes herself as an eccentric illustrator hailing from Malaysia with a a tea obsession and a passionate love for character designing. Besides creating unique and novel pieces of art, she also created her own line of tea packaging.

We talked to her for a little while for this short interview:

At what age did you realise you had talent and loved to make art?
WW: I fell in love with art at the age of 7. You know those students who were always drawing during lessons and hiding them in between textbooks? Yeah, that was me. And I just started to continuously build my passion in art and it just became a part of me. 

How did you start up your tea-line and where can we buy them?
WW: My tea-line is quite new, I can safely say it's been less than a year since I decided to go into tea packaging. As for purchase you can always find me on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/weiliwonka and private message me, or whenever I open a booth at the Publika art market. 

What's your current obsession?
WW: My obsessions are quite constant. Tea, Food & Art. What better way to live life?

We wished we could have bought some while we were at her booth.

We did get some cute Bee and Puppycat charms.

But she doesn't only make cutesy little drawings. She's also badass at other styles.







To look at more of her stuff online click on the links below!


All Pictures were taken from her Tumblr, link above!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us!

Facebook: Bubblebeam Magazine

Email us!

bubblebeammag@gmail.com